You will quickly discover that cooking is a main part of my life (and French people too). Over the years I have experienced some bad food habits (Starbucks, fast food, etc.) like many. The lack of time creates a mean temptation for these.
In order to get my weight under control I followed some friends advice: I did P90X (great workout, but can’t keep up with it for too long… Lack of time, remember?!), I drunk Shakeology (and got really sick, bloated, etc.), I stopped carbs, etc. In the end, the real solution was to change my food habits. And here I will admit, in Strasbourg we don’t have the healthiest food items! I know… so sad! (Food is super good to eat, but be aware of the consequences!!😁)
Later I discovered the microbiome diet to help me in my quest for the best food habit. The concept is great and natural. There is no pills to eat, no stuff to purchase to feel good, no, just eat… better. Yes, the key is better. The main idea is to eat natural items found in the nature. Going back to the root of who we are. My best purchase was this book:
The reason I got this one is for the recipes ideas. It gives you weeks of menu, shopping list, and explains how each item is good for us. Btw, this book costs about $10.
I’ve used these recipes for a year now and my body has stopped some of the cravings I used to have. Granted it can’t stop my dark chocolate cravings, simply because I think we need very dark chocolate to feel good! 😝
A few tips if you don’t feel like reading the book:
- limit or avoid grains in all shape or form. (That’s the hardest one for French and baguette lovers!)
- Eat plenty of fruits and veggies
- Limit your meat intake (once a day and reduce the portion, if possible do without)
- Zero soft drinks (that sounds easy, but it may be one of your cravings!)
- Eat fat and stay away from sugar (the opposite of what the food industry says). Sugar doesn’t exist in nature, it has to be transformed to exist.
- Keep doing this for 6 weeks before seeing any difference
- Set a goal of keeping these changes for a year. By then you should see your cravings disappear.
Accept that going on a diet doesn’t mean you will be slim within 3 months (unless you starve yourself) but it will clean and heal your body from the inside. The results will appear in time. Trust your body, do what is good for you. Listen to yourself, our bodies tell us what they need.
Good luck to you! I will help support you and motivate you in your journey!